Greeting from nearly the end of Oct!
Can hardly believe that it is nearly November...crazy how time flies. So...I guess I owe an update from last months update because naturally things have completely changed!
I think the last thing I mentioned about our plans for summer other than the fact that we weren't returning to Canada for the winter, was Ben's new guiding job. Unforteunately, there were a few hiccups. Ben at first was told by several people that he could not get his "p" class licence because of his bad eye....and in the end the result was that he may be able to get it but it wasn't guaranteed. By this time it was the day before his licence test, he had no books and another job to do on the day. So....the job was not meant to be. I aways think that things happen in the universe for a reason and thing after thing were happening...screaming to us that this wasn't the right decision.
Now...Ben plans on filling his time this summer with a variety of work. Everything from some guiding work, labouring, motor-bike delivery man, cooking and whatever else comes up. I think that he is happy as long as he is not cooking full-time! I am happy as long as he is happy...so its all good.
We just found a place to live!! Yeah!! I was getting frustrated with not being able to find nice, affordable accomodation in Wanaka(not that anything has changed in the whole time we have lived here!.) And....getting an answer from the YHA about us moving into the managers house was taking WAY TOO LONG! I am over that one. So...we are moving back over the hill to Albert Town. We found a great little duplex that is basically the same size as our house now and has a lot of nice features: log-burner, heat pump, dishwasher and ceiling fan to mention a few. It also has a nice little backyard with a veggie garden that just needs some work. The only down side is that I can't walk to work anymore. Oh well.
I think that is just about it. We just booked our flights over to Australia for Christmas, which we are both really looking forward to!
P.S if you're not on facebook...you should join so u can check out some new photos! Oh....and we bought a new computer...a Macbook and are having sooo much fun with it!
1 comment:
Hey guys, greetings from over here. Glad to hear you found a place, just wanted to say hi and Happy Halloween! Hugs, Christie
Post a Comment