I went to Canada on August 9th to re-unite with all my good girlfriends and to attend Girls Weekend 2010! It was fantastic! So good to catch up with everyone. I know people always say this but it felt like we had never been apart. I also managed to pop over to Vancouver Island for a few days. I wanted to be sure to visit with Mike and his family(my niece) and I also convinced Mom to fly over from Toronto for the week. Things didn't really go as I had hoped but I did get to see everyone briefly and spend some much need quality time with my Mom. I am hoping to make it for next years Weekend as well.
A couple of weeks ago we had one of Ben's brother's family come down from Port Macquarie for a bit of a ski holiday. Rick and the tribe had a blast even with the first few days of rain! This boys were absolute naturals at snowboarding and really put us all to shame that have been pratictising for years. Hopefully they will make it an annual holiday. I think that Charlie missed them so much she actually went on a hunger strike for the first few days....she is slowly starting to eat again like what we are used to.
The big news is that Ben is now heading over to Canada! He managed to get a work sponsored visa from Marmot Basin in Jasper, Alberta where we spent the winter a few years ago. I guess the unusual thing is that I am not joining him. I did this for a few reasons. Firstly, because of Charlie. I didn't want to be one of those pet owners who leaves their pet for a long period of time. I just got her and I can't imagine leaving her for 6+ months. Secondly, I am nearly finished year 1 of school and my certificate 3 in Companion Animals Studies and start year 2, Certficate 4 in Vet Nursing in Feb. I really am committed to finishing this and trying to a get a paid job in the field.
I am hoping to go over for four weeks at the end of Dec, if everything works out. Of course, there couldn't be a more expensive time to visit! I think plane tickets are 3 times the price of the one we just bought for Ben! Ben leaves Oct 14 and starts work Oct 18. Crazy.
We also had our first "meet the parents" occasion! Funny, thing Ben and I weren't there. Ben's folks went over for a holiday of Easter Canada and the US and met up with my mom in Toronto. I think it went well?
Anyway, Ben either has two days of 7 more days of work for this winter at Thredbo. He should find out on Sunday. Thredbo actually extended their season because of the great conditions. That is unbelievable!

Ben's Dad, my mom and Ben's Mom.
My mom and Me in Victoria
Girls Weekend 2010
Rick's family and Ben
This is photo from just the other day. We went ski touring out back from Thredbo and went camping! Ben tried out his sled that he built.
No comments:
Post a Comment