Hi All!
Sorry, I realize that I have been slackin a bit on the blog but that's because there hasn't been much to report. Our end of summer tramping trips didn't happen because my day's off changed over the last few weeks due to Jules's return.(my manager who was on maternity leave.) I still can't decide if I am happy she's back or not. For all the up's and down's that Lyn and I had, she actually ran things quite smoothly. Everyone got the time off they wanted and we always had our schedule up for the following two weeks. Even before Jules came back there was talk from her or resigning....due to not being able to juggle two kids and a full-time job. It was fair enough....but then to go and get me all excited when she asked if I would take over as manager. I thought about it and finally decided that I might go for it if it came up. That wasn't going to happen though as it looks like she is stickin around and it has been a fight over the last few weeks to get a roster that we are all happy with. It finally took Ben changing his days off so I could get the same days off as him. Sorry...if this sounds all confusing but if there is anything that I have learned over the last few years is that Ben and I are most happy when we get to get out there and do all of the activities that we enjoy together. So...we will see.
Lots of other stuff going on but I won't elaborate because it is still in the planning stages. Let's just say our plan for the future is always changing. Which is great because life is never dull or boring with always something new to look forward to!
P.s Congrats to Jo & Brett on the arrival of Raina.....Yeah a girl!!!
Talk soon, Nikki
1 comment:
Hey Nikki and Ben. Just wanted to say a quick hello. Not much exciting happening on this side of the world. I'm really excited for Mike to come back, it's too bad he didn't get a chance to come visit. Well, either you guys will end up over here or we'll have to head back there in the next couple years.
Hugs,
Christie
Post a Comment