Well, the countdown is officially on to our long awaited holiday!! It really feels like the wait has been forever. I haven't had a break since our mini roadtrip before winter and our holiday is really needed for me.
Work has been busy and getting busier and we have been understaffed since mid-August. Last week was really the last straw though....I was really left running the place by myself. We had another staff member from another YHA helping out from 6-8:30pm everynight. While one staff member was off sick for about 10days, another staff member just finished up and my manager off scoping out another job for four days! Crazy...but it wouldn't have been so bad if my manager could just be be at work on time for once. She is constantly and hour late....with every excuse in the book, her kids, ect. ect.
Things should really come to a head this week when she gives her notice and me going on holdays shortly. Who is going to run the YHA over xmas??? The good news is..when I come back this might an opportunity for me to fill and for a while. Who knows? Or I might just be looking for another job sooner than I thought.
Good news is summer is here and we have had lots of sunny, warm days. Got the bbq going last night..its all good. I have got a day off today(even if it was a forced day off...) thats another story.
More later,
No comments:
Post a Comment