Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Waiting For The Snow

Here are a few photos from our mini break to Lake Tekapo last week. They just opened a new outdoor ice skating rink and hot pools so I thought it would be fun to check out. We spent the night at the Lake Tekapo YHA, went skating, soaked in the pools and for a bit of adventure Ben found some mountain passes he hadn't driven over yet for the way home. It was fun....I was fighting my first cold of the winter...argh.

Officiall, the fattest dog I have even seen. He was soaking up the sun outside the Dansey's Pass Hotel. A great pub on a dirt road that it the Dansey's Pass Rd.

One of the passes we drove over. Try and say that 10 ten times fast!

The view from the hot pools onto Lake Tekapo.

Nearly one year to the day that we last saw Ben's busting his moves on the ice rink!

Ben is on his 2nd day of work up the mountain again. He is one happy guy!!! What makes it even more exciting for him is that he won't be back in work kitchen for at least 1 year and half or longer! So....I have Ben home again at nights and I have my chef back!!! What could be better.
Mountains are scheduled to open on June 27, just in time for some 30th birthday skiing and on the 30th at Treble Cone. All the early snow has nearly all gone with this freakish warm weather the past week or so. According to Ken Ring, the man who predicts weather based on the moon. Looks like we are in for some snow around the 20th of June! Just in time for Ben to do some early season skiing on the mountain before it opens.

No comments: