Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Little Things

Not too much has been happening lately. The funny thing is that I am really happy about it. We are settling into a nice routine here in Jindabyne(although we often say here in Wanaka...as if forgetting where we are now.)
We finally got our new couch the other day(thanks to Ben parents...they have refurnished our entire place.) It is great. Its one of those modern couches with the chaise attached....so we can both lie down and chill out after a long day at work. Charlie even finds room to snuggle up with us.


I finally purchased my seasons pass for Thredbo the other day..ouch!! The good news is that at least I can go skiing on my days off now and it is year long pass so I can use if for the fitness centre, chairlifts in the summer and tennis and golfing.(guess...I will have to learn to play golf.)

We also celebrated both Ben's and mine 31st birthdays! Very quiet celebrations were had. Ben took me out for a stone grill dinner and a day of skiing. Stone grill at the Jindy Inn was been in my mind since the last time we went nearly 8 years ago. Like most things around here nothing has changed. I like it though. You get a hot stone grill served to you at your table and you cook your own chicken, beef, lamb or prawns. Australian have a thing for cook you own when you go out to eat. This is so much better though because at least you are getting it served to your table. It was delicious!
For Ben's birthday we went out for Thai and skiing again. Hmm...sensing a theme? Maybe next year we will have some friends around to have a dinner party or something. Look at me..dinner parties!!

So, I guess lately, it has just really been about all the little things, enjoying our new home, enjoying our new cat, and just relaxing. Sounds all good to me. I have been waiting a very long time to enjoy this time in my life and I am loving it.
Here is a great photo of Lake Jindabyne with some winter morning mist.

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Hey Nikki,

It's great to see what you guys are upto. I love the photos!
XOXO Christie

Higa said...

Cute Cat!