(all of us enjoying a day trip to Charlottes Pass, the highest ski resort in Australia.)
Time flies when you are having is what they say don't they? Thats how I feel about this winter. It is already into August and people around town are talking about the end of winter. Crazy.
We have had a busy few weeks and today feels really nice to just be at home catching up on the blog, cleaning ect.
We had Tim and Rachel visiting us last week from Port Macquarie. Tim is a friend of Bens from way back. We all lived together over eight years ago in the same flat that we are in now. Except the place looks a whole lot nicer now. Tim and Rach also spent a winter over in New Zealand with us in 2004.
This is Ben hard at work in Thredbo.
I have also changed winter jobs. I now work for Perisher Snow Holidays which is the company that does holidays bookings for ski holidays at Perisher(one of the other ski fields near Jindabyne) The good thing is that I get another seasons pass for another ski field which is always good. We took advantage of this with Tim and Rachel visiting and had one day skiing at Perisher and one at Charlottes Pass. Saved us $100 anyhow.
The bad news is that where our office is located is 5km outside of Jindabyne and with only one car this can be hard since Ben works 45mins outside of town at Thredbo Ski Resort. Solution, I bought a new mountain bike!! Its a Norco Bushpilot if that means anything to anyone. Its great and I think its the first bike I have had new since I was 12. Photos to come. So I ride to work a few times a week. The worst thing about riding there is all the road kill. I am not talking about small animals but huge kanagaroos!! Yuck!!
Next week I have my interview for the Assistant Managers Position at the Thredbo YHA. It is a 6month temp contract while someone goes on maternity leave. I really want this job.....so positive vibes all around please.
Here are a few photos as promised of our newly decorated flat. Okay and a few of Charlie!
No comments:
Post a Comment