Saturday, August 29, 2009

New Beginnings...


Finally busted out the snowboard for a powder day at Thredbo and....
Today was a big day. I applied for the Canberra Institute of Technology's Companion Animal Services Certificate. It is the first course I need to complete in order to take get into the Vet Nursing Course I hope to take. I bit freaky that I may just be about to go back to school but I am really ready to have a change in my working life. Job prospects in a small town are very small but it might be interesting to study something else. You never know...the Vet Nurse at the Jindabyne Vet was looking into her 50's or 60's so by the time I am ready...who knows. The course starts in Feb and will be two days a week in Canberra which is a bit over 2 hours away. I am thinking I will commute and spend one night a week in Canberra...maybe at the YHA.
Tomorrow is my last day of work at Perisher Snow Holidays and then on Monday I begin training for a lift operator job at Perisher Ski Resort for the remainder of the season. At least I have a bit more work left and maybe some more days skiing in before the end of the ski season.
I have been turned down for two jobs so far and I have just applied for a great full-time, permanent receptionist job at a resort near Jindabyne. This job would be perfect. Perhaps it will be third time lucky.
We are expecting a few more visitors in the next few weeks. Ben's sister's family is coming to Jindabyne for the week and his parents will also stay with us for a few days wish will be nice.
Hoping to actually drive to the coast on Tues night for some beachside camping! We haven't yet used our new tent that we bought in Canada and I think that Charlie will be allright over night if I give her a huge bowl of food. She is turning into somewhat of a grazer everynow and then instead of eating everything within 2 minutes of me giving it to her. I also gave in and bought her a cat tunnel which she has soo much fun with!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Hey Nikki,

Keep the updated coming, it's great to hear what you guys are upto.
XOXO
Christie