Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September Update



Well winter has now finished and we are a few weeks into Spring. I guess I am happy on one hand and feeling nervous on the other. It has a been a long time since we have had a summer, almost two years. Both our jobs have only days left. I have had three different jobs this winter. First working for Ski n Save as a reservations consultant and than when they went into receivership I decided to jump ship and started working for Perisher Ski Resort as a reservationist as well. Finally I moved into Mountain Operations as a lift operator for the last few weeks. I am not sure what I will be doing next year but hopefully only one job.
Today most of NSW and Queensland had a dust storm come through that essentially covered towns in mud! Towns and the ski fields. So with the dwindling snow that is left and the now brown snow it can only be a matter of time till we are done working. We are going to take a few weeks holiday in between winter and hopefully summer work. I have not yet found work and Ben might be doing some hiking guiding work which would be fantastic for him. Summer around Jindabyne is really quiet so I am thinking that I might not have much choice in what I am doing. I will keep you updated.
We are going to drive up to Port Macquarie to visit Ben's family and have a cheap holiday by doing some camping and staying with family. Hopefully we will get to enjoy some sunshine and warm water as well! We are also putting Charlie into a kennel for a few weeks. We booked her in the other day(although she doesn't know this.) I am like the nervous mother!! Its sooo funny.

I am anxious for summer as I really want to start making some friends that live here year round. All winter I have been surrounded by either really young people or people that don't live here and I have had enough of temporary friends. I don't think that it crazy I just know what I want.

1 comment: