Well, we just got back a little over a week ago from our end of winter holiday. I guess travelling somewhere or doing something straight after winter has become a bit of a ritual. This year we drove up to Port Macquarie(where Ben's family is.) We spent almost two weeks up there. We mostly stayed around Port Macquarie bit did manage to go camping for a night and spend another night up at his family's hobby farm. We didn't want to go too far as with every trip up there you want to be able to spend as much time as possible visiting Ben's family. Every year it grows and it seems to take up more and more time getting around to see everyone and spend some quality time with all of his nieces and nephews. We enjoy it though and its a major reason we moved back over to Australia was to hopefully spend some more time with them instead of just once a year. It was also great to just pack up the car with everything that we needed and to not just have a suitcase. This was great so that when we did go camping we had everything we needed. Our car camping gear is expanding too. We just bought a camping table which we have wanted for ages! We also bought a dbl blow-up mattress which only lasted two night before it got a whole in it. I don't know why people buy those things and we just like everyone else got sucked into it!
When we were up at the farm. We got to see the newest member of the cow clan. "Sunflower" was born not too long after we got there and we were one of the first one's to see it up close.
Since we have been back in Jindabyne the weather has been great! Mid-20's each day and lots of sunshine. We have been out exploring and doing some walks and Ben has even gone for a swim and a paddle with his new "vessel". We are also looking for work which has been frustrating. Jindabyne is very quiet in summer unlike Wanaka and job prospects are few and far between. Looks like Ben might have some cooking work and he also has a bit of hiking guide work. I am not sure what I will be doing. I do know that in Feb I hopefully will be starting my vet nurse studying which I am really looking forward to.
"Charlie" the cat had a great time at the cat kennel. The owner said that she doesn't normally let the cats out of their cages together but Charlie really wanted to play with some of the other cats. One day she came back and Charlie and another kitten we both asleep in Charlies bed. She said that Charlie really needs another play-mate. I don't think though that another cat is on the cards. We would really like to get a puppy in the next year or so though. She will have to wait for that I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment