Ah, I know I have been terrible at posting lately. I was actually waiting for some interesting photos to put up but we haven't done anything photo worthy for a while. We have actually been very busy. Ben is now the head of the bowling club for about six weeks so we just see each other as we are coming and going throughout the day! He is going to have Thursdays off but I am in Canberra for a most of the day at CIT. Yes, it has been two weeks of my vet nursing cert in year one. Things are going fairly well. The hardest thing is the comuting 2.5 hours each way twice a week and I guess getting into student mode. The three subjects that I have first up are Occupation Health & Safety, Communication and Animal Care. As you can most likely imagine, Animal care is the most interesting. The other day we started working on dogs learning how to muzzle them, pick them up and a few other restraints. Everyone in class was asked to bring in thier dog and of course I felt a bit left out. It was actually harder than I imagined...feeling a bit nervous around the dogs because I haven't had a dog for ages, and not really sure how to connect with them. I can only imagine that this will get easy as the weeks go on. Next week we are grooming...and I am looking forward to that.
Ben is this weeking providing first aid at the mountain bike competition that is being held at Thredbo Ski Resort, so he should be happy about that.
We are also planning a week holiday in April just after Easter during my school break. I think we have decided to do a road trip around Victoria. Originally, we were all set to walk the Overland Track in Tasmania but Ben ended up having some Hiking trips booked with the Novotel, so we wouldn't have enough time. Hoping to get down there in Oct instead.
Anyway...back to doing school work.
No comments:
Post a Comment