Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Australia Day!

I know its Jan 26th! but here a one photo from Christmas at the Anderson's house. Here many of the family are enjoying our Xmas lunch which consisted of quite a lot of seafood. I know not at all a traditional Canadian Christmas but it is something that everyone over here loves. I think Ben may have eaten a few kg's of prawns that day!

Ben also had his first day off since getting back from Christmas on the 28th or so of December. We went to the South Coast town of Tathra for the night camping. We got a chance to use one of Ben's xmas presents his new weber baby q bbq. It was a hit in the caravan park we were staying at. All of our camping neighbours came over to have a look. Some were thinking of getting one and another couple just got one. Its great, its small enough to take anywhere and it fits great on the worlds smallest balcony(our balcony.) Speaking of which our balcony is looking very tropical lately. Ben put up some bamboo fencing around it for some privacy and to keep the house a bit cooler, along with our bbq and table and chairs its quite the oasis out there now. I love it!

We tried out our car camping tent again(the 2nd time since getting is 2nd hand off Becky and Michael.) Its great, its huge!! The only downside of course our air mattress had a whole in it and we found out right when we went to bed!!
I also busted out the boogee board to try out. The water was beautiful and it was a lot of fun. Next time I might rent a surf board. I have begun swimming at the Jindabyne pool a few times a week. Swimming laps, to keep fit and try to improve my swimming. Its slow and I can't do that many but as my technique improves I will become more confident and then of course I will be more confident in the ocean. There have been tonnes of drowning lately, so I am not taking any chances.

I am very excited about the next few weeks, my vet nursing starts mid Feb and it looks like Ben might enroll in a 3 year Cert 3 in Carpentry course that is held one day a week. We will go over to Cooma at the end of the week and see what its all about anyway.
Other than that, well you know always changing our plans for the future. Even thinking about going to Canada to live in a few years..as usual plans are changing. Going to try and at least enjoy my first Australia Day as a resident.

No comments: