This is a photo of Ben's camp site for his overnight trips. He has been promoted to camp site manager after his first trip. He just got back from trip number 2 and is really enjoying it. There aren't tonnes of trips but it does make his summer and his summer cooking not that bad.
Happy New Year to everyone! We have had a busy couple of weeks. We went up to Port Macquarie to Ben's parents house for christmas eve and xmas day and boxing day and than drove the 10 hours back. It was really nice. Not only did we get to have a real christmas...as I have been too busy to even get a tree this year!! It was great spending time with his family...and I think that spending time with his family make me not miss my family so much. Yes....the older I get the more I wish I lived in the same city or even province as my family..and we could call each other up all the time and get together. But...my family has never been like that....and it works I guess.
Christmas Day was a traditional Australian christmas day....swiming in the backyard pool and outside lunch with lots of seafood. Not my favourite but Ben had been thinking about it for weeks!
New Years eve was quiet....I stayed up to watch the fireworks in Sydney, which were great! I am thinking about spending next NYE in Sydney and watching the fireworks. I am going to plan ahead this year. It is honestly one of my dreams to do that. And...that is really one of my NY resolutions...to start doing a lot of the things I say I want to do.
2009 has been a fairly good year. We started off back in Canada in Jasper enjoying another working holiday, it was great being back and I got a chance to catch up with quite a few people and had some great skiing. It is hard to think that we have now been settled in Australia for nearly a year in May. We have adopted a cat, Charlie who we adore...some more than others!!
2010 is looking very promising, we have plans to save for a home loan deposit over this year, I am starting to study Vet Nursing beginning in Feb, and we are slowly letting Jindabyne grow on us again.
As for other NY resolutions.....I am going to keep being active, I am going to improve on my swimming by starting to swim laps at the pool and I guess a big one. To take a few more risks...
No comments:
Post a Comment