Saturday, December 12, 2009

HandyMan Ben

Ben has been doing some landscaping around our cute little, tiny garden outside our flat. When we arrived in May the lavender bush was taking up the walkway he created and most of the garden as well. So he trimmed and prepared a nice walkway to our car park beside the unit. I think it looks great for a first attempt! Since then he has also trimmed more and we planted some thyme and chives.




Other than that. We are both working now, which is nice. We don't have tonnes of hours but that will most likely change soon. I also start my vet nursing course in mid Feb. I recently found out the course will be on Tues and Thurs and I will take the AM which is from 9-1:30ish each of those days. So it looks like I will be driving back and forth to Canberra(2hours away) twice a week. I think I will get used to it soon enough.

We are heading up to Port Macquarie for a couple of days over Christmas which will be nice since I haven't done anything around the house christmassy....and still don't have any christmas stuff but I have a plan. I am going to buy it after christmas for next year!

We have been out exploring some of the bike trails around Jindabyne recently. I am no mountain biker and have a great appreciation for those that can for it well.

We are also heading out on a overnight hike tomorrow, around the main range, its a 22km round trip. It will be great to get out into the mountains and try out our new tent from Canada in the mountains. We have a new friend of mine coming round to feed Charlie. Its funny though...I hate leaving her.....I guess thats how parents feel.

No comments: