Things are beginning to look up for us. I have just started a new job as the Receptionist at The Alpine Gables Motel. Its just an older style, family run motel in town with about 40 rooms. I have only actually worked one shift and I guess it was my trial but I think it is going to work out just fine. This is a huge relief as I was beginning to really get frustrated about not finding a job yet. The great thing is that if it works out its not a seasonal job so I will hopefully be able to continue working there right through the winter. I guess the only tricky thing is that I didn't mention my studying part-time at all. This because I am fairly certain I have not got other jobs because of this and secondly because I won't know what days ect until Feb when I go to enroll which is still 2 months away. So, I am hoping it will work out and I can just change a couple of shifts.
I am also hoping to start volunteering with the Jindabyne Vet Clinic soon. I have gone in there a few times and am just waiting to her back from the Vet about details ect.
Here are a few photos from the Snowy River Festival that we went to yesterday.

The Dog Trials-rounding up the sheep.

The Brumby Catch- Brumby's are wild horses living in the bushlands of Australia. This is one of the cowboys trying to round up the horse and put a bridle on it.

My favourite, The Dog High Jump.
No comments:
Post a Comment