Sunday, May 23, 2010

May Update

Sorry, for the horrendous wait between posts. I have actually gone to update the blog about three times in the last few weeks and there was some kind of technical error and I couldn't load photos. So, here is the update and there has actually been a lot going on in our world.
This is a photo from the little holiday we took at the end of April. This is the "12 Apostles" along the Great Ocean Road in Victoria.

We had a really great little road trip. Exploring all the towns and sites along the great ocean road. We spent about 4 days camping in Apollo Bay, and explored from there. The weather of course did not co-operate. It rained, we had wind gusts and it was cold. The tent held up all but a few leaks. One night Ben was cooking dinner on the bbq in the dark while running around outside frantically trying to tie down the tent better. Ah...gotta love camping! We were comfortable, which was great. We had all the car camping gear, we recently bought another double bed for camping. This one is actually raised off the ground. We were tired of buying inflatable beds that seem to deflate as soon as you've been in bed for about 5 mins. Needless to say after 4 or 5 days of camping in the cold we were going to stay in some cabins and hotels.
After leaving Apollo Bay we headed to Melbourne to spend the night in a nice hotel and see a show at The Melbourne Comedy Festival. Melbourne was great and I will be going back for sure. In fact the holiday was so enjoyable we decided we will do it again next year....with a few variations.

I have also been plugging along with my Vet Nursing course. I am actually nearly done semester 1! Feels great to actually being near to completing comething. I am really enjoying it and am actually anxious to start my Certificate 4 next year which will be a lot more challenging. I have started volunteering at the Jindabyne Animal Hospital twice a month, and have done 3 shifts. I am learning lots, and getting a taste of what my new career will hopefully be one day. I have a long way to go but both of the vet nurses that I am working with started out volunteering just like me and are currently studying either thier cert 4 or cert 2 whislt working. So other than the more hours they have done, school wise we are neary learning the same material.
So, far so good. I feel like this is what I have been looking for. Something, that will give me satisfaction and something that not everyone can do.

Ben, has also been thinking forward into the future after the next winter of ski patrolling. He has applied for a trainee paramedic position in NSW. Which means if he is successful, we might have to leave Jindabyne. I guess we will deal with that when the time comes.

We also just recently bought our first "new" car. We bought a 2010 Holden Barina, a little economical car to have a second car. Especially with all the driving I am doing back and forth to Canberra for school. We will get in on June 10th.

The mountain opens on June 10th long weekend, and Ben start date for ski patrolling is June 18th. Can't wait for both. Itching to try out my ski's and boots!

No comments: