Saturday, July 10, 2010

We're Engaged!!


It has been a very busy and exciting last month. This big news of course is that I asked Ben to marry me on June 24th and he said yes!!
I had actually been planning the occasion for a few months and in-corporated an overnight stay at the Thredbo Hotel for Ben's birthday. On the 24th we went on our first ski-touring trip for a few hours our behind Thredbo and over lunch, in the freezing temperatures I pulled out a "message in a bottle" that I had got made up. When Ben opened it, there was the message from me. We are both really excited and after 9 years together think we know each other pretty well, most of the time.
So, we are both thinking about a year or year and half we will have the wedding. Other than that details are just idea's right now. It will be small, non-traditional but special.
I have ordered my engagement ring and it should be here in a few more weeks. Will keep you updated on plans as they come together.
Other than our engagement, Ben and I also celebrated our 32nd birthdays!! Eek!! We are getting old. Ben made me a fantastic colage of photos of us together which I love and he also got me some alpine touring bindings for my new ski's. Ben got himself a new pair of ski's as well and is dying to try them out!
I have also officially finished semester 1 of Cert 3 in Companion Animals Services and start semester 2 in two weeks. I have also continued to volunteer twice a month at the Jindabyne Animal Hospital. I am really enjoying it but am realizing now that I would love to have more time to be there. It is really hard to remember everything that you might have seen if it was two weeks ago when you saw it.
Hopefully next year, with the 2nd course I am doing, Cert 4 in Vet Nursing, I will be able to spend more time, or better yet be able to get a job there.
Other than that, I am off to Canada in a few weeks for a flying visit with my Mom, and Mike's family along with spending a great weekend with my best girlfriends! Can't wait!!

No comments: