Friday, February 23, 2007

It's A Small World.....

It's been a pretty busy couple of weeks over here in Wanaka. Once again we were short staffed at the YHA and I have just down over 93hrs. this past couple of weeks. Things look as though they are going to settle down...we have hired a few people and my manager that was on maternity leave is coming back next week. So..now it looks like an irish woman, a canadian and an englishman will be the faces of the YHA Wanaka for the time being...
Also, we just had a couple of friends from Newquay visiting us! Chris & Adele, who worked with me at the Newquay zoo came to visit. The funny thing is that a couple of months ago, while standing on a st. corner in Christchurch we ran into each other. I hadn't talked to them in a few years and they didn't know I was living in NZ and we travelling together around NZ. This world is definately a small, small place. NZ is even smaller. It was great to catch us and gossip about Newquay. Our moto "what happened in Newquay" stayed in Newquay.
We also sold the legacy this week. Well, I guess I should mention that I sold it! This being the second car that I have sold! I actually am a pretty good salesperson. We are a both a little sad because we can no longer say "hey! Can you move the leagacy so I can get the impreza out?" We both felt rich for a while..(If you don't know that joke...you should watch a great Australian classis "The Castle" very funny....we watch it every month or so..as least once!
We have also decided to rent out our sleepout if we can find someone. I'll put an ad in the messenger this week...just to winter though...because you never know who will show up this winter....(maybe my little bro, Brad?")
Weather looks like it might be okay this weekend for our planned tramp. Can't wait!
P.s Congrats again to Sigurlin & Glenn on the safe and happy arrival of Declan!

No comments: