Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cascade Saddle Trip/ Canada Bound!!

Here are a few shots from our recent trip up Cascade Saddle. This trip had been on both my and Ben's "TO-DO" list for quite a while and I really had to prepare myself to do it. I had heard that is was quite a trip. We hiked for nearly 7 hours and gained 140 0meters in vertical.
Here is Ben with Mt Aspiring in the background. I didn't venture onto this tiny piece of ground.

Mt Aspiring below.

Ben took hours to find the perfect "reflective photo" I think he achieved it.

Me on the descent. Notice the steepness of the trail.


On a final note. We are officially "Canada Bound" after the winter. Canada has decided that it hasn't had enough of Ben yet. He was granted his two-year multi-entry working holiday visa!! I am thinking Barnes family Christmas? Wherever we are.

1 comment:

Higa said...

Awesome pictures! Canada eh? Nice! If you stop in Calgary (at any given time), send me an email! Your neice is so cute! I totally forgot you and Mike were twins! Haha.