We also went from FREEZING conditions to spring-like conditions with highs of nearly 14C up the top of the mountain. I guess if it wasn't going to snow at least the sunshine was a nice substitute.
Here a picture of the main street if Jasper with the Marmot Basin Ski Buses parked along the street.
Just before Ben had his injury Ben took me out behind our house to get some practice using my skins and trekers again. Just incase we ever go out backcountry skiing. There are two trips that I would like to do and both have no risk of avalanche thankgoodness. There have been 15 deaths this year already due to avalanches. Crazy! Its really frustrating not having a car sometimes, trying to plan any trips.
This is Ben on the trail.
A nice shot from Marmot on an inversion day.
We also had a chance to use the gift certificate we won at the Marmot Basin Xmas party. We had one dinner for four, round of cocktails and a bottle of wine. We took out Steff and Jo to thank them for everything when we first arrived. It was really good and we all ate too much.
So, Ben's parents are going to be here in a few weeks. Can't believe how fast that has come around. We are going to organize a few activities to do with them. Should be really nice.
I am also frantically putting together my Australian visa application.....I should have done it months ago. I think though that if I don't get it in time I can still enter Australia with a tourist visa and wait t get it there. Alternatively, I might be staying a bit longer here waiting for it. Ben has already applied for ski patrol jobs in Australia. Fingers Crosses!
No comments:
Post a Comment