Sunday, May 3, 2009

Australia Bound!

Good news! I was granted my permanent residency visa for Australia on Friday. I should have it by Mon or Tues at the latest and am booked to fly to Australia on Wed. Ben has been back in Australia for about 2 hours by now. The granting of my visa was actually a bit of a surprise because just a few days ago I was told that it could have been another three weeks before a decision was made. What a relief!

I also finished working at Marmot Basin on April 14 and have been all over Canada visiting friends and family for the past few weeks. This is the only photo I have so far. Me, my mom and my sister-in-law, Jeannie are shown below.

I spent some time in Calgary to catch up with an old friend, Sigurlin and her new family as well as spending a few days with my dad which was great. After that it was off to Toronto to visit my mom and my brother Chris and his wife Jeannie. I then headed to Victoria to see my twin Mike and his family. My niece, Brynn is as cute as ever and getting so big so quickly. I am now in Vancouver staying with Trina and Grant until Wed evening at 11:53pm when I am off to Sydney, Australia to begin the next chapter in my life.
Here are a few other photos from winter: Ski touring trip at Parker Ridge and Ben's last day at Marmot Basin.



1 comment:

Our Family said...

Oh my God, you updated the blog.

:)

I actually just noticed now, great picture by the way. So let us know what's happening now that you're back Down Under!